Select Page

The A&SH Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise’s)

The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise’s), is a Highland infantry unit of the Canadian Forces Army Reserve. The infantry is the main fighting branch of the Canadian Forces, and is the backbone of the army.

The Regiment was gazetted in 1903 as the 91st Regiment Canadian Highlanders. In June 1905, by Royal Warrant, it became affiliated with The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders adopting, except for the cap badge, the full Highland dress of its parent regiment.

The Regiment acted as a recruiting depot during the First World War, providing officers and men for service in the 16th, 19th, 36th, 58th, 76th, 86th, 92nd, 102nd , 173rd Highlanders and the 205th numbered battalions of the Canadian Expeditionary Force. The Regiment perpetuates the 19th and the 173rd.

  • Headquarters: Hamilton, Ontario
  • Facings: Yellow Tartan 42nd Regiment (Black Watch) of a lighter hue and a smaller sett
  • Motto: ‘Albainn Gu Brath’ (Scotland for Ever) Regimental March: ‘The Campbells are Coming’
  • 1903: 91st Highlanders,
  • 1904: 91st Regiment Canadian Highlanders
  • 1919: The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada
  • 1920: Princess Louise’s Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada
  • 1927: The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise’s)
  • 1936: The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise’s’) (Machine Gun)
  • 1941: The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise’s)

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This