The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Museum is located in Stirling Castle, in the city of Stirling, Scotland.
The Museum traces the history of the 91st Argyllshire Highlanders and the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders up to the time of their amalgamation in 1881 when they became the 1st and 2nd Battalions of The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Regiment and thereafter to the present day.
Stirling Castle, Royal Palace of the Stuart Kings, has been the home of The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders (Princess Louise’s) since 1881 and through the years, many objects of regimental interest have been handed in, including: paintings, medals, silver, uniform and documents.
However, it was not until 1988 that a museum was opened in the King’s Old Building of the Castle to display these objects; and, perhaps more importantly, to relate the illustrious history of the Regiment and the many personal stories of the officers, soldiers and their families.
The Museum receives modest Ministry of Defence funding, but is almost entirely maintained through public donations. The Museum is governed by a charitable trust: The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Museum Trust.